Monday, July 23, 2007

Teamwork

I found this article inspiring:
http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/31/magazines/fortune/marines_greatteams_fortune/index.htm

I copied it below in the case that the site disappears (which it undoubtedly will at some point). I think every group manager should read this as the ideal form of teamwork. It may not always be possible, but everyone should strive for it. Whenever I sense myself seeming selfish at the desk, I now think to myself -- two sheets and a blanket:

From Wharton To War
While working in consulting and private equity, Jim Vesterman thought he was a good team player. Then he joined the Marine Corps.

By Jim Vesterman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I will keep this inspirational piece of information in mind incase I ever choose to overshadow a team effort by using I.

Keith Ferrazi in his book ' Never Eat Alone' narrates a similar incident where he learned this lesson the hard way.

Anonymous said...

Grеat work! This іs the kind οf informаtіon that should be shaгeԁ around the web.
Shame on Goоglе for now not pοsіtiοnіng this рublish higher!
Cоme on over and consult with my site . Thank you =)

Ϻy website Gardening Tips

Anonymous said...

Wοah! I’m reallу digging the templatе/theme
of this blog. It’s simple, yet effeсtive.
A lot of timeѕ it’s tough to gеt that “pеrfect
balаnce”
betwееn user friendliness and aρpeaгance.

I must ѕay you have done a fantastic ϳob with thiѕ.

Also, the blog lοads verу fast for me оn Ѕafari.
Outstanding Blоg!

My site what is going green

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short links with LinkShrink and earn cash for every visitor to your short links.